Nathan slept in his crib for 3 hours last night.
We actually got in bed without him.
At first it felt weird, but good. Of course I'm used to him being next to me, but it is nice to spread out once and awhile. I sleep really good when someone else is watching him and I'm in bed. As time went on and I could feel him next to me, though, I started getting more uneasy. I only got up to check on him once, around 11. He woke up a bit after midnight and I scrambled in his room to scoop him up. I probably could have patted him back to sleep in there, but mama needs her sleep too and I wasn't going to get much apart from him!
I know it's good for him to start sleeping in his crib, after all, he can't sleep with us forever. And I really don't want a 4 year old in bed with us. But he's still little and I love hearing his little noises and cuddling with him and seeing his face as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. It really is the best feeling. In. The. World.
Maybe we'll try again tonight. Maybe I'll wait a few more days. They grow up fast and I don't want to make it go by faster than it has to.
No comments:
Post a Comment