I went to my first, but certainly not my last, babywearing meeting a few weeks ago. I have been saying I want to meet new people this year, and I'm doing it. It was amazing to be surrounded by so many mom's who have the same views on parenting that I do.
There were wraps and different carriers everywhere. There were mom's breastfeeding their babies openly and no one so much as blinked at them. There were kid's playing, and babies bouncing. It was an environment I had only read about online, dreamed about experiencing, and I was there. I met in person a woman I have been chatting with online who's son is 3 days younger than Nathan. It was amusing to see the boys look at each other, and I hope we can have regular play dates for years to come. We also had more exciting news the day of the meeting, Nathan's first tooth came in!
Nathan also had his first cold last week. He's been coughing, sneezing, runny/stuffy nose, fever, the whole nine yards. I felt so bad for him, but he is slowly getting better everyday. Luckily, he has been himself - happy, bouncy, smiling. He's also eating well, despite having to take breaks to breathe since his nose is plugged. I can't wait until he's better though, then we can go visit my best friend!
I was just thinking about how when we first brought the baby home and I asked myself how long it would take for me to think of him as "Nathan". We were just calling him that, it wasn't who he was...if that makes any sense. I would look at him, trying to look into his soul, to get to know him, and I wouldn't see "Nathan". I loved the name for him, it just seemed surreal. Today I am happy to say that he IS in fact, Nathan. It's not just a name anymore, it has become part of who he is. And I can't imagine him as anything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment