Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guilty Conscience

I think guilt is one of the strongest human emotions you can feel. It has so many other emotions tied into it. Anger. Sadness. Anxiety. Then you add doubt on top of it.

I used to feel guilty when I was a teenager for leaving the house at night. I wasn't sneaking out or doing anything bad, I was just being young. But a part of me felt like I should have been staying home and spending time with my family. I have always had this fear that things are going to change in an instant, and I'm always torn on who I should divide my time with. As I got older it wasn't as hard. I was a homebody, didn't go out much or have many friends, so I didn't have to divide my time.
Now I'm a wife and mother and the guilt is back. I work full time, and feel guilty for leaving my son at home. At the same time I enjoy the time away, and am *gasp* even going to have him stay at my parent's for a night so I can spend time with my husband, so I feel MORE guilty for feeling that way. I'm always on edge for something tragic to happen, because I know, one day, it will.

And then I'm sure I'll really have something to feel guilty about.

No comments:

Post a Comment